Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC401ES: SWITCHING THEORY AND LOGIC DESIGN
This course provides in-depth knowledge of switching theory and the design techniques of digital circuits, which is the basis for design of any digital circuit. The main objectives are:
- To learn basic techniques for the design of digital circuits and fundamental concepts used in the design of digital systems.
- To understand common forms of number representation in digital electronic circuits and to be able to convert between different representations.
- To implement simple logical operations using combinational logic circuits
- To design combinational logic circuits, sequential logic circuits.
- To impart to student the concepts of sequential circuits, enabling them to analyze sequential systems in terms of state machines.
- To implement synchronous state machines using flip-flops.
EC402ES: PULSE AND DIGITAL CIRCUITS
- To explain the complete response of R-C and R-L-C transient circuits.
- To explain clippers, clampers, switching characteristics of transistors and sampling gates.
- To construct various multivibrators using transistors, design of sweep circuits and sampling gates.
- To discuss and realize logic gates using diodes and transistors.
SM405ES: BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- To learn the basic Business types, impact of the Economy on Business and Firms specifically.
- To analyze the Business from the Financial Perspective.
EE404ES: CONTROL SYSTEMS
- To understand the different ways of system representations such as Transfer function representation and state space representations and to assess the system dynamic response
- To assess the system performance using time domain analysis and methods for improving it
- To assess the system performance using frequency domain analysis and techniques for improving the performance
- To design various controllers and compensators to improve system performance
EC405ES: ANALOG COMMUNICATIONS
- To develop ability to analyze system requirements of analog communication systems.
- To understand the need for modulation
- To understand the generation, detection of various analog modulation techniques and also perform the mathematical analysis associated with these techniques.
- To acquire knowledge to analyze the noise performance of analog modulation techniques.
- To acquire theoretical knowledge of each block in AM and FM receivers.
- To understand the pulse modulation techniques.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING
- This course is an essential course that provides design techniques for processing all type of signals in various fields. The main objectives are
- To provide background and fundamental material for the analysis and processing of digital signals.
- To familiarize the relationships between continuous-time and discrete- time signals and systems.
- To study fundamentals of time, frequency and Z-plane analysis and to discuss the inter-relationships of these analytic method.
- To study the designs and structures of digital (IIR and FIR) filters from analysis to synthesis for a given specifications.
- The impetus is to introduce a few real-world signal processing applications.
- To acquaint in FFT algorithms, Multi-rate signal processing technique and finite word length effects.
- Give exposure to different steps involved in the fabrication of II s using MOS transistor, CMOS/BICMOS transistors and passive components.
- Explain electrical properties of MOS and BiCMOS devices to analyze the behavior of inverts designed with various loads.
- Give exposure to the design rules to be followed to draw the layout of any logic circuit.
- Provide concept to design different types of logic gates using CMOS inverter and analyze their transfer characteristics.
- Provide design concepts to design building blocks of data path of any system using gates.
- Understand basic programmable logic devices and testing of CM S circuits.
The course objectives are: To develop an in-depth understanding of the operation of microprocessor and microcontrollers, machine language programming and interfacing techniques
- To understand different digital modulation techn iques such as PCM, DM and various shift keying techniques.
- Understand the concepts of different digital modution codes like block codes, cyclic codes and convolulation techniques. To study about different error detecting and error correcting codes
- To study the advantages of spread spectrum techniques and performance of spread spectrum, PN codes in jamming, noise etc.
- To inculcate Ethics and Human Values into the young minds.
- To develop moral responsibility and mould them as best professionals.
- To create ethical vision and achieve harmony in life.
To enable the student to understand and appreciate, with a particular insight, the importance of certain basic issues governing the business operations namely; demand and supply, production function, cost analysis, markets, forms of business organizations, capital budgeting and financial accounting and financial analysis.
WIRELESS COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
- To provide an overview of Wireless Communication networks area and its applications in communication engineering.
- To appreciate the contribution of Wireless Communication networks to overall technological growth.
- To understand the various terminology, principles, devices, schemes, concepts, algorithms and different methodologies used in Wireless Communication Networks.
- To make the students understand the basic concept in the field of Satellite Communication and to know how to place a satellite in an orbit.
- To calculate the link power budget.
- To get a complete knowledge about the earth and space subsystems
- To gain knowledge about the Satellite Access schemes 5. To gain knowledge about the Satellite system and mobile services provided
- Understand the basic concept of Radar and applications of various types.
- State the Radar frequency ranges
- Derive Radar range equation
- Understand the different Radar Performance factors
- To have a basic idea about different Radar Performance factors